New and innovative technologies are continuously disrupting retail. The global e-commerce market is rapidly growing. Together with our customers, we automate and optimize commercial strategies to adapt to the latest trends. The demand for Omnia software is rising quickly in Europe. With the acquisition of Patagona GmbH we are the market leader in the DACH and Benelux region and we have ambitious goals to become Europe’s market leader in 2022.
As an organization, we are committed to providing consistently the best pricing platform to our customers while growing a high-performance team of inspired developers constantly on the look for the most suitable solutions. To continuously keep this reality, we are looking for a Lead Developer to join our Development team.
The Lead Developer will manage the crawler team. It will be your responsibility to manage a distributed, dynamically scaling system with a low of nodes that processes hundreds of million data points per day. Our platform is built in Scala and runs on Kubernetes in AWS.
– Coaching and mentoring the team, both on a technical and personal level
– Fostering a happy and productive team
– Mitigating impediments and coaching the team in overcoming obstacles
– Ensuring that the team is constantly improving, both technically and in process
– Coordinating between the business, Product Manager, and the development team
– Overseeing implementation of technical architecture with the Chief Architect
– Identifying potential technical concerns and delays and communicating those clearly to stakeholders
– Creating and driving team processes to enable the team to plan, report and deliver work
We are looking for a process-driven people manager who enjoys guiding a diverse team of developers, ranging from junior to senior.
You’ll mentor and coach your team members in developing their professional skills and ensuring that the team atmosphere is optimal. You embrace the agile methodology and have a high-quality bar for yourself and your team.
What are we looking for?
– Reliable knowledge of Scala, Java, Python, or any typed language
– Solid background working with abstraction and solution design
– Good reporting skills
– Hands-on experience in a distributed systems environment
– Site reliability (SRE) mindset
– Entrepreneurial attitude with a strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done. You build it, you own it!
– Strong (proven) management skills and passion for people management
– Fluent in English
– You share the same DNA – we have an obsession with excellence, continuously focus on our personal and professional growth, are resilient entrepreneurs, and true collaborators
What do we offer?
Attracting and retaining top talent is one of our highest priorities. Employee happiness is important to us because we think it is vital for a thriving organization. Therefore, we offer top-notch perks and benefits to make sure we promote happiness in the best way we can:
– Competitive salary
– Stock Appreciation Rights program
– Excellent career growth opportunities
– Generous pension plan
– Full flexibility in working hours
– Thursday Omnia lunches
– Health & wellness: sponsored memberships
– Free drinks and fresh fruits
– Company-sponsored social events
– Recognition program
– NS business cards
– Green and flexible transportation
– Referral bonus program
– Volunteering events
– Self-development: training and coaching
Omnia Retail is the company behind Europe’s first dynamic pricing software. Built by two industry experts — one a retail software engineer, the other a retail strategy consultant — Omnia was created to help each founder’s respective clients achieve more with their pricing. Omnia’s mission is to help retailers and brands take control of their pricing and grow profitably with automation and insights, and the enterprise-ready software makes it easy for teams to manage pricing without the need for IT.
Why is this job posted on Patagona’s Website?
Recently Omnia Retail announced the acquisition of Patagona. Both companies are specialized in dynamic pricing software and with the integration Omnia will become Europe’s leading enterprise pricing solution. Both companies plan to operate as one company, with locations in Amsterdam and Darmstadt. For this reason, we are looking for talented people on both sides who want to shape the future with us.
Joana Cristina, Corporate Recruiter
No recruitment agencies, please. Really.